Monday, August 20, 2012

And we're back!

Hey! Hey! Hey!
It has been a CR-A-ZY back to school week. I was so exhausted after each day and I stayed so late each day that I came home and plopped onto my bed! I was having a hard time juggling blogging, sleeping and eating. But, I'm back and I'm ready to join some linkys, go back to commenting on all these wonderful blogs and so many classroom photos (I LOVE looking at classroom photos) and keeping myself updated on the blogging world! YAY! Oh, btw, Android finally released a Pinterest app that I canNOT get myself away from. I love me some pinning!
Here's a few pictures of some little things from around my classroom...
I got this idea from somewhere online and I am so glad that I did! I have a spot for all of the lost marker tops and glue stick tops. The students are so good about putting the tops in here. Now, I'm hoping, we'll always be able to find a top! I have even taught a few of my girlies to take the tops off of dried out markers to save for others that lose their tops. Here's to hoping this will last! 
Add caption
 I had my sweeeet, sweeet grandmother sew on pieces of velvro to my carpet squares for name tags and look at the damage they have gone through already! It's only been a week! I should have put them in the middle so that they could sit on them. Ho, Hum... Oh and the trampoline doesn't usually go in the classroom or in that spot. I see those eyes looking at that! lol. I took this picture on Friday afternoon and I brought it inside for safe keeping over the weekend. We use it for sensory breaks for students. The bean bag chairs and rolling chair don't usually go there either. =)


Today I officially started using my new SuperKids reading curriculum! Wooo Hooo! I have been so nervous about this program and now that day 1 is down, I am even more nervous!!!!! I don't know why! Well I do know why... while it is a great program that introduces blending fairly quickly, I worry about the few students on my class that are already reading. I am hoping that once I figure out the program a little better, I can begin to modify the work to meet the needs of the students who are already reading AND those with a disability that causes them not to be able to access the materials from the program. Unit 1, Lesson 1 was fun, interactive but has the potential to bore those who already know that the letter C makes the /k/ sound. Hmf... I have to keep reminding myself that I can't do it all and I definitely can't do it all in one day.

This is a picture of my gingerbread man board... I added a cute title but didn't get a pic of it. On the second day of school we went on a hunt around the school for the Gingerbread Man! He left us clues all around the school (our way of getting them acquainted with the school grounds) to help us find him but he was just too fast! This is seriously the most memorable event in the first month of school for the kids. We didn't catch him but he did leave us a note and a gingerbread cookie as a treat. The next day, we made our own gingerbread men. Aren't they darling? 
Last picture... and the reason why I love kindergarten....today, we talked about the letter C and I had some kids predict what picture was on the card I was holding, these were their answers. I wrote and drew them on the board as they raised their hands (as quietly as their kindergarten bodies could be) to give me an answer....

Even though my pictures are awful, all of the students gave me such nice compliments. I am such a great "drawer" according to my class. I'll take it! lol. Oh you can catch a glimpse at some of the books we have read this whole week.  Oh my goodness, one more thing, one of the pictures says "crud" because one of my students raised his hand and said "crud." I was like, "crud?" He said, "yeah, crud. Like when you drop something and you say, 'oh, crud.'" Hilarious! I HAD to write it up there especially because he hasn't raised his hand much this week, I wasn't gonna shut him down with such a great answer! You may notice that my illustration for crud is a serious face. My student's suggestion because, "I get serious when I drop stuff." LMAO! I love that kid!

I am working on a 5 Senses pack with a powerpoint, review, hands-on activities and assessment. Hopefully it will be up soon! We are teaching senses this week so I'm hoping to include all of the things that work out well. Maybe I'll give a few away! =)

Ok friends, if you're here, follow me! If you follow me, thank you! I'm glad you're here. I'm off to blog-stalk!

Happy Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment